Thursday, December 9, 2010

Before the holidays update! by Nicole






It was the flu and I think we're finally rid of it! Trent got it along with Ila, and that was not fun, but they both seem to be in much better spirits and Ila is going to enjoy a more normal diet today. The BRAT diet, although effective, is not all that exciting for more then 2 days.

Our sister in Boise sometimes blogs about the menu in their house for the week. It's alwa
ys fun to see the same meals on her menu as ours without us planning it! S
o far this week I've only made 1 meal off our menu since the sickies were not into eating my
delicious and flavorful planned meals. That throws off my fridge & pantry stocking entirely, and we have this silly trip to Winco for milk and maybe 5 other things, but we sure save money!

On the development side of things, Ila is doing great. She now prefers walking to crawling and can stand up without the assistance of household furniture. She has 8 teeth (that are really
cute) and weighs 22 pounds (well, before her latest sickness). We're working on expanding her vocabulary but her latest new vocal sound is "wwah wwah" which is her cat meow and her dog bark. It's really cute. Ila loves animals. The last few days we have watched Youtube videos and animals and she just LOVES them.

Trent is enjoying work and I'm enjoying my work as well. We've decided to save some moolah to purchase a very nice vacuum. We've gone through 3 in our marriage so far, and that only counts the time we've spent state-side. We had a nice vacuum in Korea, but that is not one of the 3 I'm counting. I guess they just don't make vacuums like they used too. It think it's the first time we've ever decided to save up for something so specific, which I find exciting!

I finally got around to ordering our wedding photos. Yes, almost 3 year have gone by with our wedding albums sitting empty. I'm excited to get them and start filling
those albums up!

We are heading to Idaho for Christmas and New Years and I am TOTALLY STOKED to spend the holidays with our families. The snow has pretty much melted here. It's in that ugly stage where there is snow in some places and not in others. I'm hoping for a white Christmas this year, so I hope it keeps snowing in Boise!

4 comments:

  1. glad everybody's feeling better over there. being sick is no fun! also if you're looking for any input on a vacuum, I'd recommend the one we have. it's a Bissell Healthy Home one, it has a HEPA filter so it cleans things pretty well, and we've never had any issues with it, except that a small piece cracked recently, but Willy's dad fixed it and it didn't affect anything. Also it was around $250 and not so pricey as a Dyson! :) (I haven't always heard the best about them, actually.) Anyway, here's an Amazon link if you wanna take a look: http://www.amazon.com/Bissell-5770-Healthy-Bagless-Upright/dp/B000HS28AK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1291924857&sr=8-1

    We'll probably be down south around Christmas so maybe I'll give you a call and see what you guys are up to! I'd love to see you guys and especially Ila. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great family! I like the picture of Ila marching with her dad... er, pa, er whatever he is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the sweet blog. I am dying to see you all in a short time! Love, Marma

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it. love it all. i found some new teeth around here this last week... some more weird ones. he has 10 now! and he's back to being even on both sides.
    i think that vaccuumees (remember that's my word) are worth their money. we've gone through a zillion it seems. i like our new one although it sure was hard to get used to. kirby's and dyson's are probably the best vacuums, but the most expensive...
    i hope it starts snowing agin here in boise. it's all starting to melt too. i can't seem to stay up for the forecast though.
    love you.

    ReplyDelete