Friday, April 15, 2011

The 26th Year is Complete! by Nicole!

Well, today I turn 26, which means I've survived 26 years on this earth. When I look back on the year I see it full of exciting changes, personal and relational growth, and Ila. I also see heartbreak, as my 26th year started with a miscarriage, and also ended with one.

Let's talk about the latter first. We were so excited to share the news (that I was expecting) on my birthday this year, just like we did on my birthday 2 years ago, when I was pregnant with Ila. Unfortunately, things don't always go to plan and we have yet again lost the spark of little life we were so excited about sharing. This particular miscarriage has been much more difficult then my previous one, and it has involved lots of doctors appointments, ultra sounds and confusion. Also more difficult because all of the things we worked through with the first miscarriage seemed to come flooding back full speed while coping with this one. It's been a difficult time, and we're not quite through it all, but one this is as certain as it ever was, we are PRESSING into the Lord, and seeking Him to be our ultimate healer. I am also incredibly thankful for my loving, patient, sensitive and caring husband, who is the worlds greatest grief counselor! We are also very thankful for our awesome family and friends who are lifting us up in prayer during this difficult time.

Now, to focus on the positive this past year in my life. We moved to Washington, where Trent got his dream job of being a farmer. I've adjusted quite well to country life, and enjoy our quiet and beautiful area we live in. Our little baby turned 1 and is not really a baby anymore. Ila makes us laugh everyday, multiple times! She is such a blessing and we are so thankful for her. We've gotten to spend some great quality time with lots of our family over this past year, although not as much time with everyone we would like to! I've had several family and friends bring beautiful babies into the world, and I've gotten to hold almost all of those beautiful babies. I've gotten into the swing of talking to all my sisters on a pretty regular basis, which blesses my socks off, because I have the greatest sisters ever! I've grown in maturity, responsibility, relationally and spiritually. The list goes on and on, and I'm missing loads of good stuff, but alas.

So this year really has been great. The difficult things in life bring about growth if you let them, which we certainly do! I am hoping that the 27th year will bring another child into our family, but we're just going to hold on tight, and live life, and not get caught trying to make it happen.


5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, dear friend. I am so excited about you guys living out there. It tickles me that y'all are farmers! I'm sorry to hear about the losses you've had. Our little ones mean so much to us whether big or so small. May the Lord give you guys what you need. Thank you for sharing! We'll make sure to keep you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your life with all of us, it is good to be able to keep up with everyone via blogs, FB etc. I am sorry to hear about your losses over this past year, I am happy to hear though that you are pressing in to the Lord in this time. Sometimes it is so difficult to see the good in these types of situations but knowing and trusting that the Lord has the best plan in mind is comforting! Blessings to you guys and your in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sweetie... I am so sorry. That's one of the most difficult things to go through in life and to have to go through it twice in a year is so hard and tests your faith. I will be praying for you and Trent. Keep trusting in the Lord and hold onto Him for strength. Biggest hugs (((((Hugs)))) I'm glad you will be able to go to dinner with Trent tonight. Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if it's too soon to joke about your last line--who knew what a difference a little preposition could make in the meaning of a sentence? But joking aside, really, may peace that surpasses understanding be with you now and always.

    ReplyDelete