Thursday, April 28, 2011

Visiting my BFF. by nicole

My best friend Kara is in the state of Washington for a few weeks, and Ila and I couldn't pass up an opportunity to visit her and her cute little boy. Kara's parents (who are awesome) invited Ila and I over for a few days, which was so sweet.

We had a
great time catching up, watching our kiddos play together, eating good food and hanging out with Kara's family. It was perfect timing for Kara's trip, as I was needing to get off the farm for a
few days, and have some best friend therapy and healing time. My best friend is wise and compassionate and it was good for me to see her after our last few weeks of crapola.

While we were in the mall a strange thing happened. Ila was walking along side of me in her SUPER cute and VERY feminine outfit (the one in the picture to the right) and a lady stopped us. "Is that a girl?" she asked. "Umm, yeah" I said with a very "of course she is" tone. "Oh, that baby needs a wig!" she replied.
"Ummm, thanks" I said with raised eyebrows. I very successfully communicated that what she had just said was not appreciated. She went on to say that s
he has a bald niece that she says the same thing about as we just walked away from her. Can I just say "WHAT THE CRAP?!" I mean, Ila has been called a boy, and bald before, but no one has ever told me that he needs a wig! Who would say something like that about a beautiful toddler? People are CRAZY I tell you,
CRAZY! There is such thing as an internal filter. And some people need to access their filters!

The best part is that when I told Trent the story he was appalled, but right after he said
"what?!" (like he couldn't believe what on earth that woman was thinking to sa
y something like
that) he said "I wonder how much baby wigs are?" Yeah, my husband is hilarious.

Now we are back on the ranch and my Dad is coming for a few days. He hasn't seen Ila since Christmas and he can't take it any longer. I'm looking forward to seeing him and I KNOW Ila will have a great time being spoiled by her Grandpa!
I'll leave you with a few pictures of 2 of the cutest babies in the world. Ila and Joshua!

8 comments:

  1. No kidding on the "what the crap, lady?!" I can't believe people do stuff like that. Also, I think Ila is very cute and very obviously a girl... apparently it takes more effort to actually observe than to open your mouth and blurt out something to someone who doesn't know you. Anyway, so glad you and Kara could see each other! I'm sure it was a great little getaway. Ila and Joshua are so cute together in those pics! Love the top pic of Kara and Ila too. Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the artist formally known as Beck. I have a genius wig. When I put that wig on, then the true genius emerges. I don't have enough hair to be a genius. I think you have to have hair going everywhere.
    ~~Beck

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is wrong with people? She's precious! I m glad you got to get a little geographic distance to give your brain and heart a new perspective... BFF's are good for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some people are just have to hear their own voice...and PROVE they are stupid and rude.
    mommasita

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your child needs more than one wig.
    One for playing,
    one for church,
    one for being grumpy,
    etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow willy, i think you're on to something there. perhaps you can venture into toddler wig making instead of printmaking after graduation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i LOVE to see ila in our little hand-me-downs. it makes her look like my little girls!!! she's so cu-ute! (in a whiney cute voice)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's called GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT! Toddlers are cute for a reason---they don't look like adults! That's the same reason we don't give them a set of false teeth too. They're SMALLER HUMAN BEINGS! well, gosh. Anyway, she wasn't really reflecting on Ila. She was just wanting you to know what she thinks of hair. She loves hair. That's why she didn't even pay attention to your response, but just kept on talking about her own life and how she makes those comments regularly, even about her family. We meet diverse populations at grocery stores... (cashier response): "well, I already PUT it in the bag."
    ~aunTelcia

    ReplyDelete