Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Settled

We are sure happy to report that we are nice and settled into our new/temporary home. Our 2 closets 9a regular sized on and a very large walk-in are stuffed to the gills with boxes as is the 4X4 storage unit that came with the place. Most of our stuff fits nicely enough though, and we are thankful to our Marma and poppy for storing the other stuff that doesn't fit, like our deep freeze.

Ila is pretty well adjusted to the new home and we are so happy to be back to our normal routine! I find that not having the internet sure makes for more productive days! I do miss being able to look up recipes and switch up dinner plans at the last moment, but I will survive! I do have several cookbooks that are being used, so that is nice.

My last doctors appointment put me at 2cm dilate, 75% effaced and the baby is at a -3. That means she is super low, which was no surprise to me as I'm pretty sure she's been at a -2 this entire pregnancy! My body is HURTING like crazy, but it's worth it. I'm super excited to meet our little one though, and to figure out her name! We're hoping for April 16th for the birth 9because we have so much control...right?!?!) because it's Trent's grandma's birthday, and it would be a real blessing to have a little one on that day. We'll see if we can make it happen!

Trent is enjoying his job. He already had a bit of a shift in what he is doing, and it fits him much better. He was the lawn care foreman, but now he is the landscaping foreman. He like landscaping wuite a bit, so he is excited about it. Also, if you've heard about the Chobani factory being built in Twin Falls, you'll be pleased to know that Living Earth (Trent's company he works for) got the bid to landscape it, so he'll be running the crew that does that landscaping there, and of course getting his hands dirty in it! He is currently studying for the CDL test, as his company would like him to have one and it comes with a raise, so why not, right?! Trent's two weeks working outside have renewed his appetite, darkened his skin and brought home some bacon, so I'd say things are going really great!

Ila's potty routine took a hit with the move, but we seem to be back to all good now. Her current favorite things are playing with her toys (which she has a new found passion for, since she didn't see them for two months). She plays and plays and plays, putting babies to bed, telling them to "be quiet" and taking them to the potty. She also has two new favorite movies (goodbye Tangled and Toy Story 3) Bolt and Finding Nemo. She especially likes the sharks and the whale in finding Nemo, and always likes to mention Dori. It's pretty cute, and it is nice to shake things up a bit! Her vocabulary is pretty incredible. She can sing Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star all by herself, say the alphabet (with a little help) and count to ten, if you say five for her. She LOVES counting things! She knows her colors, and I think we'll start working on letter recognization next. Oh, and her other favorite song (TTLS and ABC'S are her favorite 2) is Little Bunny Foo Foo, who was hare today and goon tomorrow!

So that is our story! Please forgive the typos, I'm writing tis int he driveway of my in-laws and would rather go hang out with them, then re-read it! :)

6 comments:

  1. i think i was -3, 75%, and 2cm at my 38 week check up! you're doin' great... way to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wilbur Wright was also born on April 16th. He was born in 1867, but quite accomplished just the same.

    Annie's new favorite movie is The Muppets. I have to admit that it's especially nice for the parents when favorite movies change.

    I'm happy to hear that you've gotten your living arrangements settled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever you do, keep Ila away from Bambi because (for some strange reason) that movie gives her the urge to pick keys off the keyboard. I'm not sure why? We miss your seeing your sweet family around the house every day, but SO GLAD you are settled and nesting well! lylyly

    ReplyDelete
  4. April 15 would be kind of cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Troy: I would really like to avoid April 15th....I don't like the idea of my baby sharing a birthday with me, nor me sharing with them. That being said, she'll most likely arrive on the 15th because I feel that way! :)

    Bonbon...maybe we'll consider that name if a boy comes out :)

    MamaT: my doctor said it looked like I was probably in for another short labor at the rate I'm going now! Just got back from a check up. 3-3.5, 80%, and -3ish. Woot!

    Marma: Oh, how could I forget to write about THAT incidenT?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was hoping to "pick the date" on two in a row, but no.

    ReplyDelete