Monday, February 28, 2011

A weekend worth remembering by Nicole

What a wonderful weekend we had! Last week, at this time, we had a birthday party to go to planned for the weekend. But boy howdy did our plans change as the week progressed.

I got a phone call from my Aunt Carol Lea saying that her and my cousin Jenna would be in the Tri-cities for a soccer tournament over the weekend. We made plans to come and have breakfast with them and watch a soccer game. Meanwhile my cousin Michelle (who is Aunt Carols daughter and Jenna's sister) and I were scheming for her to come stay with us for the weekend (from college in Salem) and surprise her mom and sister. Long story short, everything worked out GREAT! We had loads of fun hosting Michelle, the surprise was wonderful and I got to spend a lovely day with my cousin and Aunt, thanks to Trent, super dad.

It's times like this when I am so thankful to have a caring and capable husband. Trent didn't bat an eye about taking on the parenting duties for the day. He drove Ila to and from the Tri-cities, took her to the birthday party, handled the bloody lip & nose she got at the party, fed her, changed her, and put her to bed. He said they had a lot of fun too, which is no surprise. All the time Trent and Ila were together I was freezing at soccer games, but having a GREAT time with family.

The next morning, Michelle and I went back to town for one more soccer game while Super-dad and Ila hung out. When we got back, and Michelle went on her merry way back to college I cuddled and played with Ila....ALL DAY! She would hardly leave my side for the remainder of the day. She missed me so much and I missed her!

I can't forget to tell you about the stellar cobbler Michelle and I made. It was a peach, raspberry, blackberry cobbler and it is amazing. We also ate at a restaurant called "cousins" and we meant to get a picture by the sign, but we didn't. I guess we were distracted by the freezing wind or something, and didn't want to spend that much more time outside!

So there you have it! It was a superb weekend, other then Ila's injury, which she is healing up from nicely!

3 comments:

  1. sounds awesome, wish I could have been there. ;)
    give Ila and her poor lip a kiss for grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you really want a stellar cobbler you should sprinkle it with stardust.

    Sounds great, superdad and all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so was there some gorry details about the accident at the birthday party you're saving for another post (by trent)?!
    my big boy experienced a fat lip recently and now he asks fairly frequently, "is my lip fat?" or "do i have a fat lip again?"

    ReplyDelete