Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The greatest cookies of all time! by Nicole

I can finally call a recipe completely my own! I did use another recipe whilst making these delicious cookies to help guide me in my measurements, but I think it's fair enough to call this my own!

Nicole's Chocolate Chip Goodness Cookies

1/4 c. butter
1/3 c. peanut butter (I STRONGLY suggest using REAL peanut butter and chunky is delicious!)
1/3 c. white sugar
1/3 c. brown sugar or sucanat (you CAN replace all the sugar with sucanat if you prefer. I think a little white sugar adds a bit better flavor though)

Melt the regular butter a little in the microwave. I melt it till about half the stick is liquid and the other half is very soft. Mix with peanut butter and sugars till nice and creamy.

Mix in:
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt

Once that is all mixed up, add
2 c. flour (white or wheat or half and half) & (you can add 1/4 cup flour if it is still to wet.)
chocolate chips (I never measure and I think people should put in as many or few as they like!)

roll into balls, and flatten slightly and place on a greased cookie sheet.
375 for 10-12 minutes.
If if using wheat flour, perhaps decrease the time a little. The cookies will me more dense with wheat flour as well.
Remove from tray immediately and let cool. Enjoy with a glass of milk (soy, rice, almond, goat or cow...or anything other kind of milk you like).
A single batch usually makes about 25-30 cookies depending on the size dough ball you start with.


enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. bonnie says: i read that when you mix white and brown sugar in recipes like cookie recipes, the result is a chewier cookie. i think chewy is nice for a chocolate chip cookie (i really don't like the ones that are so dry and brittle). thanks for the post, i'll be copying it down for sure!

    p.s. when i made these, i used mini-chips and they came out looking just like the kind you get from the store because i purposefully went back and pushed in extra chips on the tops of the cookies. just a tip if you care about the way your cookies look before you devour all of them, like i did... FOOD BABY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! oh Bonnie, I sure love you. I;m surprised you had any dough left to MAKE the cookies with the dough monster eater you married! Did you make them while he was working???
    On another note, I don't usually care what my cookies look like, but I took extra care when i made them yesterday to make them beautiful, so i could take a picture to post with this recipe...which i forgot to do :)
    And yes, the mixing of the sugars helps with the chewyness, as does melting the butter! and cookies SHOULD be chewy for sure!
    nomnomnom

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks good, Nicole! I may just have to try them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally trying this recipe out this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete