Monday, March 21, 2011

Update/slashes by Nicole

I've been on a blogging hiatus which I am choosing to blame mostly on the time change. While we lived in Korea we didn't have the time change and I think I prefer it that way. I don't mind darker/lighter mornings/evenings. I suppose as a farmer, my husband can be thankful for that much more daylight to run the tractors in. Trent has been a planting fool these last few weeks and will continue to be until all those potato fields are full.

I've also been busy this last week with my mom in town. She has done lots around the house and it's been really nice having someone to cook and clean while I run after Ila and/or to run around after Ila while I take a nap. So really my mom had been super busy this last week and I've had a bit of a break, which I must admit was needed! It's okay to admit you need help :)

I wrote a half blog about a book I read at the beginning of last week, but I never finished the blog so I never posted it. I will say though that Trent and I chose a book for each other to read and it has been fun. I'm looking forward to him finishing my choice and discussing it with him. We did this as a part of our "project meaningful" that we mentioned in a previous blog. The book I read was "Things Fall Apart" by Chinua Achebe. Perhaps I'll finish my reviewblog about it soon. I chose "The Shack" by William P. Young for Trent to read.

Ila has been talking it up. Her current list of words in her daily vocabulary (well, the ones I can remember) are as follows:
Hi
Dada/Dado
Mama (finally! she doesn't say it often, but she DOES say it!)
Da (that)
Wow
dah (dog)
woof
uh oh
ease (please)
ow (this one is sad and cute all at the same time, because she says it when something hurts)
ooh ah (monkey noise)
meow (well, it doesn't sound quite like that, but it is her cat sound)
ears (which is actually "CHEERS!" she LOVES to toast and it's super cute!)
no/no no
eye
I (Ila)
grrr (which is actually more like a airy growling noise that her daddy taught her)
mmm (sound she makes for a kiss)

She babble lots and lots and loves reading to herself too. She is a little talker! It's nice to document all those words she is using because before I wrote them out I sure didn't think she said that much, but I guess she really does! She says other words here and there and every so often says something absolutely perfectly, but then of course she won't repeat it.

There are sure a lot of slashes in this blog. so i'll leave you with this goodnight/good morning/good day/good evening!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I wish I could hear all those sweet babbling words. Thanks for writing/blogging so we can share in your joy! Love, Tammy/Marma

    ReplyDelete