Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Memory Pictures. by Nicole

Memory pictures is an idea I got watching the movie "Elizabethtown." It's the idea of taking snapshots with your mind (or, you can take them with an imaginary camera [using your hands of course]) to preserve a memory. It is quite handy in situations where you don't have a camera, but also when a photo just can't catch the memory just right.

This evening Trent and Ila were pulling weeds together while I cooked dinner. I caught glimpses out the kitchen window and took memory pictures. They were so sweet together, Trent would pull the weeds and give them to Ila, who would march them over to the pile and then run back for more. They work well together. Trent had told me as they went outside to come and get Ila once I was done cooking. So I finished cooking and went to get her. "Can't she stay out a little longer babe? She is having so much fun!" Trent said to me. So back inside I came.

I figured this was one of those memory photos that others might be able to imagine and enjoy! Also, I wanted to encourage you to take memory photos, because there are way too many moments that happen in life that you want to remember and cherish!

5 comments: