Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Flying to a funeral, sliding to a graduation and swinging to a wedding! by Nicole

What a crazy few weeks it has been here in our Becker Family. So much has happened I hardly know where to start....

Ila took her first plane ride a week ago.
We flew from Portland to Boise. She was awesome. My Aunt Jill met us at the airport (since she lives near it) and brought Ila a new book and some fun little "this is my first flight" papers to give to our seat mates. We both thought that was pretty great. While the plane was taxiing Ila waved out the window and said "bye bye" until we took off. That was about 10 minutes. She got a little nervous sometime during take-off, because it was pretty loud, but she never once threw a fit, cried, or misbehaved on our 60 minute adventure in the air. She made friends with everyone around us, and gave them all high fives.

We were in Boise for several reasons. A funeral, a graduation and a wedding. So we were BUSY, BUSY, BUSY! Of course there was time (not enough time of course, but beggars can be choosers!) for some great quality time with people: coffee dates, park play time, BBQ, movies, shopping and meals, and there was even time for a massage (thanks Trent for sending me to that!). I had some quality time with a few cousins that I have not gotten to
hang out with for a LONG time, and that was WONDERFUL!


Another first to Ila was playing at the park. We met our Boise cousins there and had fun playing. Ila enjoyed the slides she went
down,
and she LOVED swinging,
but she found her way over to familiar playing ground after some time had passed...
...I guess she just likes to play in the dirt and grass, even if there is a lot of equipment to play on.

Ila got some good snuggles in with people too. She had to get woken up from her nap for the funeral, and Uncle Chris had a nice shoulder to finish resting on!

During the week there was lots of shopping and fun. Ila got her very own fruit smoothie from the coffee shop when her Grandma and I stopped. She had peach, and LOVED it. She drank every last drop!
On Friday night Trent got to join us for some more Boise fun.

My parents had a BBQ on Sat. and invited both our close by families over, so we got to see Trent's
parents, and most of our Boise families. We had a great time chatting, playing and eating.
Here is Ila, playing tag with her cousins and her Marma!


Sat. night I went off to a bachelorette party and had a blast! We went out for dinner, then back to the bride's house for games. I have not laughed that much in a long time! On Sunday, Trent, Ila and I went shopping at Kohl's (I love that store) and then during Ila's nap Trent and I went and saw a movie. It sure was fun! Then the evening came and we went to the wedding, which was awesome! Grandma and Grandpa took Ila home before the dancing started though, because she was READY to get some sleep. Trent and I stayed and boogied on the dance floor.

Monday morning rolled around and we got our stuff together and headed back home. I spent the afternoon unpacking and cleaning while Trent mowed the lawn.

4 comments:

  1. Just look at that lovely little girl. She's lost her "baby" look now! I sure do love you all, from your not-so-anonymous Marma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! family time is so nice, even if for a funeral. annie loves to slide. i bet they would be cute sliding together. high-five trent from me for that massage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. where did that awesome blanket of Ila come from!? what a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the blanket was snapfish. got it for my mom for Christmas. she loves it! ;)

    ReplyDelete