Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

It is with great joy that we are announcing...I am pregnant! I'm 13 lovely weeks now, and we are feeling so blessed by God's touch in our lives. Baby Becker #2 is due April 24, 2012!

When we first figured out my due date, I was immediately worried. I had both my miscarriages in April, and now we have a baby due in April. I just figured that month was doomed for us! The more I think about it now though, the more I see God and his love and caring for us in that. April is full of new growth, the world of nature seems to come back alive after months and months of seeming lifelessness. Easter is usually in April too! We gather to celebrate Christ's resurrection, His coming back to life. And for us, next year, we will have the joy of bringing another life into this world. I really think the Lord knew what he was doing when He helped us in the art of conception and that lovely time.

We've been bursting at the seams (me more than Trent, and quite literally in some of my pants!) to share our news with you all. It's also been easy to not share though, since the last 12ish weeks have been full of feeling quite terrible, puking, and lots and lots of napping. I didn't want to share our great news in the midst of feeling so terrible. The doctors love to hear that pregnant women are MISERABLE, because it is usually a sign of a nice healthy pregnancy. I was so miserable we thought I must be having twins! But no, there is just the one little baby floating around my uterus! I'm also starting to feel much better. I had a rough day yesterday, and ended up in bed at 7:30. I slept till 8 am today. Trent slept on the couch so he could intercept Ila on the way to wake me up in the night too, which was super sweet. Ila made it past him once, but I had been asleep for 5 hours by then, and didn't mind getting up and carrying her back to bed and giving her kisses! I sure love and appreciate that Trent did that for me! I guess I was sick multiple times yesterday because of exhaustion!


So, that is the latest from Our Becker Family! We are thrilled to finally share our news with the world!

13 comments:

  1. woohoo! Your mamasita is been bursting at the seems to share the news too.
    love ya sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippppeeeee for Becker baby #2! I'm super excited for you all and am continuing to pray for a healthy, full term little baby Becker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! I'm so happy for you guys, as you know! My b'day is April 20, so I'll be hoping.... :) We need more nice people to redeem National Smoke Pot Day by sharing their birthday with it. Hee hee!

    Love you,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is GREAT Amy, my b-day is April 15th! And I agree, making 4-20 about something other then smoking pot and Hitlers birthday would be great. Although I'm not so secretly hoping that the baby comes out on April 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 23 or 24. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo! We are excited and prayerful! All 3 of my siblings were born in April, in addition to Daniel's mom, brother, and nephew. There's lots of birthdays you could hit. I'm rooting for 4-8-12 because that's such a cool number even though it's nobody's birthday (that I know.) lylyly

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think that is a LITTLE early for my liking! I guess it is only 2 weeks 2 days early, but I'm still thinking that the baby should cook a bit longer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you are really having Baby Becker #5. Oh man, but if you really wanted to get to the root of it you might find that you are having Baby Becker #7,809. Or maybe #532. Who really knows. What I do know is that I'm really excited and overjoyed for the three of you (soon to be four)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah, it IS baby Becker #5. But if we want to get SUPER technical, in our family it is baby Becker #7....but 2 of them are with Jesus :) Thanks bonbon, we are stoked too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to you guys! Looks like the next round of great grandkids will be next spring but I get to have mine 1st this time! Ha Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenn- heck yes! You, then Tawna then me. I guess it is reverse order :) I'm going to have to get started on another photo book for Granny!!!

    ReplyDelete