Thursday, December 8, 2011

A preview of what's to come in April, 2012!




Today we FINALLY got to see our little one that is tucked away safely in my uterus. We also got to find out if the baby is a he or a she.

I'm pretty darn excited to tell you all that Trent and I get to have another daughter to smother with love, and Ila is going to have a little sister! I'm referring to the baby as "Ila's best friend" since we won't name her till she is born and haven't thought of an in-utero name. We didn't really call Ila by any name while she was in utero (although my family called her Tae and Doris) so I'm not sure if we will with Ila's best friend either.

As for growth and health she is looking very good. Right on with my estimated due date of April 23, 2012. A nice strong well developing heart, brain and bones. Her face reminds me so much of Ila's when Ila was in utero.

Here she is!
This is her profile...just like it says.

Here are her little feet. So precious!

3D shot of her cuddling with the placenta. She's going to be growing a lot of skin in the next 20 weeks, so that those bones will get covered up!

And here she is with her back turned to us. She had enough of all the poking around, and wanted to get some sleep!




And here she is with her big sister! See, best friends already :) Photo credit goes to Trent.

5 comments:

  1. Man, I didn't even think to ask to see the pictures! But I'm so glad I get to see them now. Adorable already! Congrats again!! Girls RULE! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for sisters! Oh I am so excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! I bet Ila will love having a little sister to love on. Two little girls sounds pretty fun to me. Glad to hear baby is doing so well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. That was the best news for this whole week!

    ReplyDelete