Sunday, July 31, 2011

Another quick update!


Sorry for the lack of blogging these last 2 weeks, we have been BUSY! I know I said I would write a proper blog next time around, which is this time, but I think that we'll have to wait till NEXT time to do that. Here is a breakdown of whats happening in ourbeckerfamily (yes, i just linked my own blog!)

-Harvest has officially started. Last Sunday actually. You don't even want to know what Trent's schedule is like, because it's painful even thinking about it. He is having a great time though, and is blessed with a hard working, respectful crew, so the long days don't seem as long as they really are (well, most days!). Also, the potatoes are BEAUTIFUL and DELICIOUS and BIG!

-While Trent was hard at work last weekend Ila and I drove to Boise to spend some time with family. Ila spent the first evening there playing in her kiddie pool and hanging out with Grandpa and Grandma.
We headed up to Terrace Lakes on Saturday, where my Aunt and Uncle have a cabin
and enjoyed some great time with two of my awesome cousins,
my Aunt and Uncle and my Grandma. My parents were there too, so it was one big party! The next day we drove another hour north to McCall, where we joined another Uncle and his girlfriend at her cabin on the lake and went jet skiing. My other 2 female cousins where there, and my cousins husband. It was a FANTASTIC day, full of all things summer. It was my first time jet skiing and I look forward to getting back out there next summer for more fun. There were lots of other great times had that weekend, like a rowdy game of Apples to Apples, sequence (my grams and I were the big winners!) swimming in the pool, bocce ball, BBQing and chocolate peanut butter milk shakes.

-We got back to Boise on Monday afternoon and spent the evening with my brother and his girlfriend. We had a delicious Salmon dinner with a tasty Rose' wine. Ila loves her Uncle Chris! We managed to take zero pictures of this event :(

-Tuesday was our Flesher family day. Ila and I went over to Trent's sister's house, and spent the day with them. Ila has 5 cousins there,

but the oldest was missing (off rafting the middle fork with Marma and Poppy!) and of course Aunt Tawna and Uncle Eddie. Ila had a great day playing with her cousins while Tawna and I had a great day catching up. The family evening wrapped up with a tasty spaggetti dinner.
Then, Uncle Eddie stayed home with his group of kids and Ila went back to grandma's house and Tawna and I went out for a sis-bliss (sister date) and saw a movie and got some delicious frozen yougurt.

-We're back on the farm now enjoying the summer. We've been swimming a few times at Crow Butte park, which is on an island in the Columbia River. Trent even got to join us yesterday for a dunk, which was GREAT!

-I've been walking with my neighbor Doris in the mornings and it sure feels good to get outside and do that everyday. Carrying and/or pushing Ila adds to the workout, and boy do I feel the burn!

-This morning Ila woke up with the most amazing bed-head ever. i had to document it, because it was just so awesome.


5 comments:

  1. what a fun month. i liked the day at the fleshers most!!! (but that's 'cause i was there.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is some c-razy bed head! she sure does look refreshed in the morning.

    glad you have a busy and fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great life you lead. Makes me happy to see you so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bedhead brought on a great big loud horse laugh from me!!! lylyly

    ReplyDelete