Thursday, July 14, 2011

Catch up!

Here are some things we've been up to and that are going on.

-24 trip to Portland (actually Vancouver) to pick up our neighbor's daughter for her brother's wedding (yeah, that does sound confusing). Stayed with Aunt Jill, we had a blast and bonded over House Hunters International!

-Ila fell on her face twice in a week. First time she bloodied and bruised her bottom lip, second time bloodied and bruised her top lip. Both times she cried a lot.

- We're gearing up for harvest, I'm totally not ready to be a "harvest widow." this will be my first year with a full season harvest. I thought last years 3 weeks were long...

-The rat problem seems to be taken care of. The bunnies are out in full force but they hop and that is cute.

-Trent and I started a new devotional series, which will take us about 3 years. We're pretty excited about, and I'll share more about that later.

-Ila is talking, talking, talking. She loves to talk. I like when she talks to her toys and stuffed animals. My favorite is when she kisses them though.

-Yard project is finally at the plant the grass seed place. You may think we are crazy to plant grass in July in the dessert, and we are.

-Enjoying the church we've been going to and it's in Prosser, so it makes for much more enjoyable and Sabbath like Sundays.

-Trent's parents came up for the 4th of July weekend and we had a GREAT time with them, working, playing and just being together.

-I'm making new friends and loving this place more and more. I think it's strange that it seems to take about a year to make friends....back in the day it took 3 minutes on the playground to make life long friends!

I think that is a decent enough catch up. Next time I'll do a proper blog!

5 comments:

  1. Everything sounded positive, especially the negative rats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait! xeriscape, native plants, lesslawn.com !

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love when annie kisses her stuffed animals. i even think it's cute when she kisses all the ones at the store. today she kissed a dinosaur.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is cute! I just caught Ila kissing her shoes. Two thoughts ran through my mind: 1. Ila shares her mommy's love for shoes. 2. Ila loves going outside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ila knows that putting on shoes means she's going somewhere and she has her mommy's love to "GO" I love Ila Vieu and I love you other two too!

    ReplyDelete