Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Finishing what you start. by Nicole

I find it humorous that I started this blog several days ago with just the title. I then saved it to finish up at a later date. Ironic much?

I really am excited about finishing something Trent and I started on July 5, 2010 though. We set out to read The Holy Bible in a year and it feels WONDERFUL to say that we did it, and with a few days to spare!

As this was our second attempt to do this in our short married life of 3.5 years, it feels GREAT to complete. It also is awesome knowing that I have finally, after 9 years of being a Christian, read the entire Bible! It would have been nice to say that years ago, but I sure struggled with books like Isaiah, Chronicles, Ezekiel and Revelation (to name a few), as most new Christians do. I had a firm understanding of the happenings in the Bible, but everything seems to fall into place so much more concretely now that I've read it all.

I'll keep my thoughts and pondering on the entire Bible quite short for the time being (because there is just so much!). I just want to say that I sure learned a lot about humanity (thanks Isrealites) and God's never ending lovingkindness.

I highly recommend The Bible, it sure is a great book. And like many books out there, it is worth finishing! I know that it can be confusing because within The Bible there are 66 books, so it may seem like reading a few will suffice, but would you have only read the first 5 books of The Lord of the Rings??? Yeah, I didn't think so :)

Also, I recommend finishing what you start. It is rewarding and helps us grow and mature into better people, and I think that is a win, win, win kind of deal.

4 comments:

  1. I just finished the book of Jonah and liked it better than ever before. I love it when I get new insight from books that I've read many times in the past. Way to go--glad you stuck with it and I'm sure you'll read it many times again. lylyly

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome. maybe i'll start that mission again... this was about the time last year i started.
    and ps. yeah isrealite stories! you teach us so much about us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hear hear! And can you imagine how it would be if we constantly didn't finish what w

    ReplyDelete